Book Now »
Oceanfront, Isle of Palms – near Historic Charleston
Awaken to the sound of waves breaking on the wide sandy beach of Isle of Palms where beautiful palm lined streets, preserved dunes and abundant wildlife prevail. Treat yourself to our complimentary continental breakfast and head out to the beach for a day of sun and fun, exploring historic Fort Moultrie on the adjacent Sullivan’s Island, or a tour of historic Charleston.
Seaside Inn, located on Ocean Boulevard in the majestic Isle of Palms, South Carolina, features 50 beautifully appointed beach hotel rooms, including oceanfront rooms. Decorated in a graceful, yet casual tropical style, our rooms feature all of the modern amenities a distinguished traveler has come to expect.
Features of the hotel include:
- Rooftop ocean view pool and 2 sundecks
- Located next to world class oceanfront restaurants and bars
- Beachfront offering kayaks, sailboats, windsurfing, canoes, etc. for rent
- Shopping steps from the hotel
- Complimentary gourmet coffee and tea
- Complimentary continental breakfast served daily
- Complimentary use of beach towels for all guests
- Only a few miles from Sullivan’s Island and Fort Moultrie
- Easy access to Mount Pleasant and Charleston
- Complimentary wireless internet access
Features of Isle of Palms include:
- World class marina and restaurant- offers 3-phase power (one of only a few marinas)
- Crabbing and fishing in the creeks and marshes
- World renowned golf and tennis at Wild Dunes Resort – made the list of Top 50 tennis resorts in the world, as well as the top 100 golf courses in the world
- Recreation complex featuring basketball courts, tennis courts, children’s center, softball fields, soccer fields, and yoga studio
- Power boat rentals, parasailing, deep sea fishing, luxury harbor cruises
- Seven miles of white sandy beach
Whether you like to be on the go or if you prefer relaxing with a good book, there is something special for everyone on the Isle of Palms. Boating opportunities include kayaks, canoes, sailboats, fishing boats and even luxury harbor cruises. Personal watercraft like Jet Skis and motor boats can be rented to explore the nearby barrier islands.
Fishing contests often originate at the Isle of Palms Marina, or you can cast your own line from the beach or pier. Golf and tennis are easy to pursue on the island as well. Isle of Palms has two world-class golf courses and nearby historic Charleston has many other well-known courses to enjoy. Both clay and hard court surfaces are available on the island for tennis buffs. The Isle of Palms Recreation Complex also features basketball courts (inside and outside), soccer fields, softball fields, a jungle gym and swing sets, tennis courts, yoga studios, etc.
Beachcombing is always a popular activity. A large variety of seashells collect on the Isle of Palms from sand dollars to whelks, to olives and angel wings. It is always fun to find these treasures, but always remember to leave the live shells on the beach or throw them back into the ocean.
When walking around the island, watch the sky and water for wildlife. Osprey nests can be spotted; pelicans soar and dive for dinner, dolphins frolic, and giant loggerhead sea turtles come ashore to lay their eggs. If you are lucky, you might see baby turtles making a mad dash for the ocean.
After a day of sunning, surfing, exploring or touring historic downtown Charleston, South Carolina, relax and sip your favorite beverage on the sundeck overlooking the sandy beaches of Isle of Palms. The sundeck is alive with sun worshippers, while the unspoiled beach plays host to couples holding hands and kids splashing in the surf.
When the craving strikes for a night of fresh seafood, steaks and great fun, the action is just steps away! The surrounding area is filled with waterfront restaurants and bars. As the sun goes down and the fresh sea air turns to a cool breeze, the familiar sounds of calypso, reggae or beach music may be heard in the distance. Within a short stroll from our doors, the excitement is about to begin. Dress casual for all the great dining, dancing, shopping and entertainment.
This is just part of what the Seaside Inn is all about. Our 51 newly renovated rooms are just steps from the wide sandy beach. Plus there’s a special bonus. Hop in your car and before you know it, you’re overlooking the breathtaking Charleston harbor and historic Fort Sumter where the Civil War began.